Saturday, March 1, 2014

Inspiration

What inspires you to write?

As a haiku poet, I tend to find myself inspired by nature. And as a mom of two school-aged kids and one preschooler, I spend a lot of time driving. So most of my haiku inspiration lies in things I see through the windshield of my car: trees, clouds, farm fields, a nearby pond.

My process for writing scifaiku is different. I go to a dreamy place in my mind when I write science fiction. Often, I am inspired by new scientific discoveries. Some days, I browse Wikipedia for inspiration. I always follow up with more technical references when I find something that appeals to me. I try to do my homework to make sure that my poems are scientifically literate!

But sometimes, inspiration finds me unexpectedly. One day, I was shopping at the craft store and found this on the wall of a toilet stall. 


Where do you find your writing inspiration?

2 comments:

  1. Wanna find inspiration, dear??
    Ta-da. You have come to the premo
    location on the WWW, if eye do say
    so meseff, my just and worthy liege:
    with lit. .44-caliber-blogOrammathn,
    you've shurely gotta wanna lemme
    find SOMEthn! anythn!!! which tells
    the complete story of 7thHeaven.
    Follow us to the Wedding Feast and
    we can RITE for half of millitrillion
    yeeers if thou wanna, gorgeous:
    ● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
    Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or ⅘ of oemnillions...

    ReplyDelete